The Refrigeration Business Unit markets and engineers commercial refrigeration solutions using the Carel range of supervisory products. These products are used in the supervision and tele-maintenance of refrigeration systems, providing logging, alarming and local or remote management of complete refrigeration complexes. Using Window’s Internet Explorer, it is possible to network the information on a Local Area Network or access (with password protection) from anywhere in the world.
Key products in the Carel supervisory range are the boss mobile-ready supervisors which offer a complete and reliable solution for management, monitoring and optimisation of refrigeration (superstores, supermarkets, convenience stores) and air-conditioning systems (buildings, museums, data centres and shopping centres). There are 3 models in the boss range (from smallest to largest):
- boss-micro: optimised solution for small refrigeration and air conditioning systems with up to 15 units.
- boss-mini: Compact and efficient solution for small refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, up to 50 units.
- boss: Robust and reliable embedded solution for large refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, up to 300 units.
The boss range is CAREL’s local supervisor solution for small, for medium and large systems featuring built-in Wi-Fi and access from all mobile devices. Access to all boss pages for both programming and everyday operations using mobile devices has been made possible thanks to the responsiveness of its pages. These adapt their graphics automatically to the device they are displayed on (computers with different screen resolutions, tablets, smartphones), minimising the need for the user to resize the pages and scroll the contents. boss also manages the BACnet and SNMP protocols, the leaders in HVAC supervision applications.
boss micro is available in four different hardware versions to offer a flexible solution that adapts to all needs, integrating a Wi-Fi hotspot and a 4G modem for easy local and/or remote access without requiring any additional infrastructure.
Pictured below is an example boss supervisor floor plan. To view more and see the capabilities of the boss platform, click on the ‘boss floorplans’ tab.
- boss is completely browsable from mobile devices, from commissioning to daily access for system maintenance.
- Built-in Wi-Fi to create a network and allow the supervisor to be accessed from the user’s devices without requiring other network infrastructure.
- All the information is available to the user in just a few simple clicks, including system configuration and device management.
- Energy saving and system optimisation using algorithms for analysis and comparison, developed exploiting CAREL’s experience, to facilitate and guide users in optimising energy consumption.
- Centralised management through automatic data and alarm synchronisation with RemotePRO, so as to keep the situation on all connected systems under control from just one interface.
- Access to typical operating system functions, such as printer driver installation, copying files, etc. is also available via a web interface.
- Communication with BACnet and SNMP protocols to allow the integration of third-party devices, and integration of the boss supervisor into BMS systems.
- User interfaces with customisable graphics based on how the information is required by different users.
- Meets EN-12830 standard for temperature and recording of food in storage and distribution applications.
- No moving mechanical devices for heat dissipation, thus allowing installation in various different equipment rooms and other spaces.